Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Love My Tatts!

For some reason, I just got the urge to share all my tattoos with whoever is interested. I'm going to go in order from first to last and share a little something about each one.

#1- Butterfly/Freedom
This was my first tattoo. It's on the back of my right shoulder. I got the butterfly when I was 16, then I got the Freedom added to it a few years later. I went to a parlor in Philly and got this done. There was like 6 people from my school with me and I used one of my friends' ID because I wasn't 18. This one is an expression of my free spirit.

#2- Music Heart
This one I got on my 18th birthday. I love music so I got some music symbols in the shape of a heart. I saw it on a few other people before I got it so I guess I stole it... This was actually a birthday present from my ex-boyfriend. My best friend recorded a video of me getting this tattoo. It took 14 minutes.

#3- Roman Numerals
This one is on my left ribcage. It's my birthday in Roman Numerals. This girl I used to work with had roman numerals on her arm and it looked cool so I got some too. Stolen. Again. When I got this, one of my homies from high school went with me. The same guy that did this one added the Freedom to my butterfly a few months later.

#4- M3
This one is on my left wrist. It's supposed to be "M to the 3rd power". Thats because me, my brother, and my sister all have names that start with M. This is like my "Family" tattoo. This is the only tattoo I got by myself, without anybody with me.

#5- Truth
This one is the lower middle of my back. It's a dagger with a ribbon that says Truth wrapped around it. I got this one done in Atlanta and its the only tattoo I considered covering up. I didn't like it at first because I thought he made it too dark and hard to read, but now I like it. This symbolizes how the Truth hurts.

#6- Don't Judge Me
This is one of my favorite tattoos. Don't Judge Me Until You've Walked In My Shoes. I thought of the idea for this when I was sitting outside on campus one day. I knew I wanted a tattoo on my foot, but I didn't know what I wanted it to say. Then it just came to me. And I got it done at a tattoo party in South Carolina.

#7- Fuck Rules
This means FUCK RULES! It's very fitting for my personality. This was the only tattoo that I didn't put too much thought into before I got it. Me and my friends were at dinner one day and we decided we wanted tattoos on our middle fingers. So we got them that night. And that was my first "alike" tattoo that I ever got with anybody. At one point I wanted it to fade away completely because I regretted it, but now I accept it.

#8- Esse Quam Videri
This is my other favorite tattoo. Its on my right hip area. Esse quam videri is latin and it means To be, Rather than To Seem. This is my high school's motto. I got it because I'm true to myself and I don't appear to be anything that I'm not, and because its my high school's motto. I live by these words. My other blog is titled Esse Quam Videri.

So that's it! Those are all my tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment